Open Courses 2017
Open Courses (CPD certified) - Be the change you seek
Leaders and Team Training. Share the learning. Be part of the solution.
Our engaging and interactive Open Courses are suitable for all levels of staff and will provide a solid foundation which will help reduce human error, increase awareness of safety, empower leaders and individuals, improve communication, enhance performance and will result in motivated, effective individuals and team members.
Atrainability have over 15 years' experience of teaching in house Human Factors courses throughout the Healthcare industry. Our trainers come from a variety of backgrounds; each bringing their own unique style and understanding of what it means to be working in a high performance, high risk occupation.
“This course is outstanding. The Coaching would be valuable to all levels of healthcare staff, both clinical and non-clinical from novice to expert”
Angela Moore Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
What you will gain from our Open Courses :
- Understand why current processes may not be giving you the results you want.
- Reach long-term solutions to recurring issues and everyday challenges - which can be easily be implemented into your daily practice.
- Gain the 7th C: Confidence - to raise issues and help implement positive changes.
- Understand the impact of behaviour and personality types on team performance.
- Learn how to handle hierarchical barriers and focus on safe and effective care.
- Understand how to manage stress, fatigue and high workload.
- A number of frameworks, including the Myers Briggs Type Inventory for assessing how you currently tackle situations and relate to colleagues.
- Address the issues that matter to you with people who understand.
- The importance of self-knowledge as a basis for further development as a leader.
- The ability to clarify your own values, preferences and strengths in how you approach your practice.
- The ability to be a supportive and enabling team player to drive people management and high levels of staff engagement
- A deeper understanding of ways you can build on your current strengths to increase your effectiveness in working with others and leadership.
- Small class sizes to ensure you enjoy and gain as much from the training as possible.
- Courses delivered by approachable, friendly trainers who are passionate about what they do and have experience of working in high performance, high risk occupations.
- 12 CPD points for the 2-day course / 6 CPD points for 1 day course.
- Expert, confidential learner support is available from your trainer after the course, who will respond to you direct.
If you have any questions about our courses please CLICK HERE to contact Atrainability
“An excellent, thought provoking course that could help make a real cultural change in the NHS. This will make me re-think all my interactions at a clinical and management level”
Dr Richard Hodgson Consultant Anaesthetist
"Very relevant, makes you realise how complacent you can become"
Lisa Strudwick BMI Eastbourne, June 2015
Book now for our next Open Courses :
Humans as Heroes and Hazards - 2 day course (12 CPD points) click here for course info
Date: Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 November
Location : London – Venue : NOVOTEL London Waterloo Hotel SE1 7LS
Lunch and refreshments included
This Foundation Course is the perfect in-depth introduction OR refresher to Human Factors for individuals, teams and managers who want to understand how and why we make errors. This course offers practical solutions to help you implement positive changes. Early bird price : £299 + VAT
Early bird booking ends Mon 2 October price will then go to full price of : £360 + VAT